Sharegate 2.2 – Copy SharePoint version history and more
After a month of hard work, we just released Sharegate 2.2 with powerful features based on great feedback received from our users.
WHAT'S NEW IN THIS RELEASE?
It’s now possible to change the property mappings between your source and destination. Let’s say you have a column called « Name » that you want to copy to a different list having a column called « Fullname ». We added an intuitive interface that allows you to map your properties in a drag & drop fashion. It’s simple, powerful and it works just fine. Be careful, you can only map properties of the same type.
Keep version history
We added an option in the property template that allows you to copy SharePoint version history when migrating your documents and items.
Keep authors and timestamps
We added another option that allows you to preserve the created and modified information when copying your documents and items. To use this feature with SharePoint 2007, you must install the Sharegate Extension on your server.
Drag & drop your files, documents and items
We improved the user experience by adding the drag and drop support. You can also use it directly from Windows Explorer.
Managed metadata tagging
We now support the managed metadata column type available in SharePoint 2010. This Sharegate feature allows you to bulk tag your documents and items while copying to SharePoint 2010.
Person or Group support
We now fully support the Person or Group column type. We also added a search window that helps you find the users and groups available in your SharePoint site.
Forms Based Authentication (FBA) support
We now fully support Forms Based Authentication. Your credentials can be entered in the advanced section when you connect to your site.
- Optimized load times when selecting lists and libraries
- Added a link to quickly open the location for the selected list or library
- Added a button to save the current template and immediately start copying
- Greatly improved support for international character sets
- The Just Damn Simple Video Series!
- One Vision, One Product, One Install, One Sharegate
- Reduce the Risks of your SharePoint Migration with the Pre-Migration checkup
- Take action, increase your SharePoint Security through Permission Management
- Sharegate Governance Designed to Manage SharePoint and Office 365
- Keep SharePoint Document ID during migration with Sharegate 4.6